DODO Cases Reviews?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BikkyHicks, Jul 23, 2011.

1. BikkyHicks macrumors newbie

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Newbie to Macrumors or to the internet in general?

I can't post a link, but google is pretty good at this stuff.

3. HazChem macrumors regular

HazChem

You don't see many reviews on this forum since some members were disillusioned with the iPad 1 case and the quality control issues. The original bamboo frames were one piece and were subject warping and cracking. They then went to a 4 piece bamboo frame which reduced those issues. However, there still reports of poor builds.

Also the corner sticky pieces had issues with them coming unglued but they found a corner piece that didn't come off and Dodo offered them for free to anyone who requested them.

I was one of the original owners of the Dodocase and didn't have any issues with the frame. I did have a couple of the corners come unglued but Dodo sent me replacement corners. I ended up selling the case when I purchased the iPad 2 and it served me well.

I did the buy the limited edition white/black for my iPad 2 and have been very pleased with the frame, corners and workmanship. I think it's as well made as some of the other moleskin-type cases from Portenzo, Pad & Quill, etc.

The new design securely holds the iPad and I have no fear that it will come off unless I intentionally try to remove it. Huge improvement from the original design that didn't secure the iPad very well.

One improvement I would ask of Dodo is to incorporate the Smart Cover feature. This should be pretty easy as other companies have done this.

I hope this helps.