DODOCase and Pad & Quill Introduce New Apple Watch Stands

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With Apple Watch's April 24 delivery date getting closer and closer, a few accessory manufactures have been revealing new stands for the wrist worn device.

First is "The Timber Catchall for Apple Watch", a more comprehensive version of Pad & Quill's "Luxury Pocket Stand", which the company announced closely following Apple's "Spring Forward" event. The Timber Catchall aims to provide grooves for keys and loose change with a larger area on its base built for charging a resting iPhone, along with an elevated specified area designed for the Apple Watch.

[​IMG]
    Pad & Quill's Timber Catchall can be pre-ordered from its website in three different color options at three different price points: American Cherry ($99.00), African Mahogany ($109.00), and Premium American Walnut ($139.00). All versions of the stand have an estimated "Late May" shipping date.

DODOCase's "Charging Stand for Apple Watch" has a similar natural wood finish akin to Pad and Quill's line of stands, but with a weighted base that the company promises will provide "sturdy placement" and less fumbling when removing the Watch from the stand.

As a less traditional charging option, DODOCase is also selling the "Dual Charging Dock Organizer", which is fashioned after a novel and allows users to simultaneously charge their Apple Watch and iPhone. The slot for an iPhone "Holds all iPhone sizes, and can fit most phone cases", according to the company, and a hidden compartment lies underneath to thread the Watch's MagSafe adapter and allow for an easy laid-flat charging solution with the wearable.

[​IMG]
    Most interesting is a hidden storage compartment underneath the charging area of the stand, big enough to hold headphones, charging cables, and even extra Apple Watch bands when not in use.
    DODOCase's Charging Stand retails for $99.95, but is on a pre-order sale for $77.95. Similarly, the Dual Charging Dock Organizer will retail for $79.95, but those interested can pre-order it at only $59.95.

Article Link: DODOCase and Pad & Quill Introduce New Apple Watch Stands

2. sp3k0psv3t macrumors regular

sp3k0psv3t

Looks nice.

But man is this getting expensive lol

3. 2457282 Suspended

I agree on the expensive side, but this is definitely not to my liking.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 65832

Definitely prefer the other stands over these...
    Really liking the one i saw on kick starter...

Ultimately will probably get the griffin one in the meantime

5. extricated macrumors 6502

extricated

I don't have strong feelings on these, but I do like them.
    Not sure if I'd drop the money on either company's offerings.

I do generally like organic, earthy accesories that contrast, and yet complement, my tech.

6. ProVideo macrumors 6502

I'll think I'll wait until the natural African Ivory version becomes available.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/32235/0

7. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Just an FYI.

Beware if you buy anything from Pad & Quill, the quality of their products is subpar & their customer service is pretty terrible.

8. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I was looking forward to the Amazon Rain Forest Kapok wood version.

9. sp3k0psv3t macrumors regular

sp3k0psv3t

Ditto.....

I should have prefaced my comment with "Not my thing, but if you are into the wood carved motif"...

LOL

10. Bigsk8r macrumors 6502

Bigsk8r

The DODO concept is cool though. You can charge your watch and phone while having your phone at a decent angle for a clock app when traveling.

Those that are on the road a lot could use that.