dodocase back - quick and efficient: review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Mar 28, 2011.

1. glen e, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

Got my ipad today and had a few things waiting for it. While I'm waiting for Portenzo to finish my case made of unbotanium, I wanted a back to go with my gray smartcover. I have on my desk an icarbon back, a BSE back and the dodocase back. Both the icarbon and BSE require a bit more work to put on, so I decided to play around with the dodocase first while I'm updating and loading the new pad. It is simulated leather, goes on DRY in less than 10 seconds and as it's a thicker fabric , there are no bubbles even just using your hand. I like it and provides good protection. If you don't want to screw around with liquids and heating up corners and the like, the dodo back is for you...looks like it will work fine with the portenzo as it does not cover the edges...
    [​IMG]

2. diacritic macrumors regular

Are you saying that the "Moroccan book fabric" used to make the bookback is just vinyl?

Glad I canceled my order as it was taking too long to begin with...

3. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

Relax...it is what they said upon closer inspection...for 20 it looks good...

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I have one of the bookbacks on my iPhone, love it. Going to get one for my iPad soon.

5. diacritic macrumors regular

okay... I had initially ordered this as a "back up" in case I messed up my best skin ever install. Since the BSE install worked out nicely I cancelled my dodo order since it had not even shipped yet. If this does have nice texture (I.e not plasticky like vinyl) I'll consider it in the future.

Does the dodo show fingerprints?

6. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

no...it's like substantial leather...as you said, like a leather bound book....I like it...will it stay? dunno..probably mount the CF this weekend...I've done a lot of that in cars and am familiar with the process to mount....

7. sotie macrumors 6502

Just want to be clear... you're saying that no fingerprints are transferred onto the dodo back? How about skin oils? Also, could you take a closeup picture of the side view so we can get a better idea how thick it is and how thick the edge is?

Thanks!

8. glen e, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

nah...I ain't pushing this and not gonna do all sorts of pics on it ..ask dodo for pics...find a rear SGP leather or carbon cover for the I4 - it's like that - when I say thick, I mean it's thicker than a screen film that catches bubbles....

9. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

I too have a Portenzo case made of unbotanium on order. It is very expensive however I believe that when they are finished, it will be one of the finest cases that they ever produced. :cool: