Dodocase for New iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JonDigital, Mar 13, 2012.

1. JonDigital macrumors regular

JonDigital

2. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Their international shipping fee is half the cost of their case. Pity because I would really like to get one of their cases. :(

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Is this case a practical solution to have on your iPad at all times or is it better to use when traveling with the iPad?

4. glen e macrumors 68030

All wood cases flex and warp after a while esp when you travel with them and pack in a messenger bag - this is not just dodocase, this is all of them. And Yes, you name it and my business bought one: Treegloo, Portenzo, Dodocase and Pad and Quill. Plywood is just not a long term solution for a solid longlasting fit. Once they fit a strong plastic frame inside the plywood, it will work. See FieldFolio..but I have heard their case quality is lacking. You need to do something like this - a rudimentary example:
    [​IMG]
    3 I've owned:
    [​IMG]

see the way maroo anchors their pad in the case...run a plywood frame around that and it'll work....

5. rgr555 macrumors 6502

that and why do people want all that extra baggage on their iPad esp if you use it at home most of the time

6. dgsdm, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012

dgsdm macrumors newbie

I just ordered the classic with charcoal interior, I think it'll meet my needs. Hopefully I'm satisfied.

edit: Does anyone know if its likely that I will get my case by the end of this month?

7. dominicanx2002 macrumors newbie

dominicanx2002

Dodo Code

Also, below is a code for 10% off
    03-08-N3FKWYY

8. dgsdm macrumors newbie

I'd like to share this information with those who might be interested in purchasing a dodocase:

https://dodocase.zendesk.com/entrie...dge-of-the-front-cover-and-the-top-surface-of

After looking at some reviews I had an issue with how there was a slight gap between the spine and left top surface and the ipad but I found out that it is an intentional design with a good reason for it.

Plus the fact that they added a smart cover function won me over.

After looking at a lot of reviews for the dodocase, portenzo, and P&Q octavo I decided to settle for the dodocase.

From what I gathered the portenzo might be a little better quality wise but several factors convinced me to go with the dodocase instead. Hopefully I don't regret choosing it over the portenzo.

Can I get some opinions from someone who used both or either?

9. v7da1 macrumors member

The sickest new iPad case!!

http://www.dodocase.com/collections/dodocase

I am not affiliated with this company
    I just saw this case on cult of mac and after seeing bought it immediately
    they cases are hand made and are usually back ordered for 3 weeks
    check em out

its like a book case that keeps your iPad safe!!

10. M87 macrumors 65816

Sarah Lane from iPad Today uses/used one of those. They look nice, but they don't seem that practical to me.

11. LushMojo macrumors regular

LushMojo

If yours runs out someone can use mine:

03-12-VDTJV62

12. dominicanx2002 macrumors newbie

dominicanx2002

DODO case code

Here is another 10% code: 03-12-CKGX296

13. glen e, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

own both and won't do it again...if you take the pad in an out a lot and travel with it, prepare for it to fall out after 6 - 8 months...never again..plywood warps...However if this is a desk fixture and you never take it out or pack it, they work and look great...

14. PacMookBro, Mar 14, 2012

PacMookBro macrumors regular

Given iPad 3 comes equipped with better camera and no camera hole on DODOcase, I can see taking iPad in and out would be more frequent.

I was expecting some improvements especially on the corner grips over the past few years since the introduction of the first iPad but, they kept the same exact flawed design and threw in expensive designer editions. :rolleyes:

The support team can say whatever they can say to cover up the flawed design. The gap, slipping iPad, warping bamboo cradle, etc. Take it with a grain of salt.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Caveat emptor.

15. glen e, Mar 14, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

correct - see my pic above and look at the thickness of the case at the apple connector area, it is 2 plies thick! and when after a while you stress the case it bends outward releasing the grip of the bottom corners and the pad becomes loose. It's not just this case, it's all of them.....This is like buying a bike and having the main cross bar sawed thru 75%....

yeah, my company owned a few:
    [​IMG]

16. LushMojo macrumors regular

LushMojo

If you're ordering the BookBack from Dodocase, you might want to hold off. I just ordered one and asked if they would be making any changes due to the slightly different angles of the new iPad. Here's the response:

>Friendly Support, Mar 14 10:53 (PDT):
    >Hi There,
    >We will be coming out with a new BOOKback shortly. The curvature of the >sidewall is slightly different so we need to do some testing and potential >modification next week.

>Thank you,
    >ilana
    >DODOcase

17. dgsdm macrumors newbie

So I got this coupon code along with my purchase, use this for 10 percent off:

03-11-PNA2Z4E

If someone decides to use it, it'll also give me 10 percent off my purchase.

18. dgsdm macrumors newbie

Theres an option for a camera opening cut on their covers although with a small cost. Personally I opted out because I imagine it would look ridiculous trying to take pictures with something that looks like a huge book. I probably won't be using the camera much so its not a big deal.

I did consider warping and durability before buying one but I guess I'm willing to take the risk. I really like the design of the cases and I'll be traveling a lot. I'd rather carry around a naked ipad with just a smart cover but this case gives it a low profile look and I don't want it to be obvious that I'm holding an ipad.

I generally take good care of my stuff so hopefully this case will last/survive for a reasonable duration of time. From what I've learned these guys seem to be really good with following up and customer service so if something goes wrong I guess I can always return or ask them for help.

19. lbjsong macrumors regular

Coupons

Use the following code for 10% OFF :

03-12-DZ3CX74

ENJOY YOUR DODOCASE

RYAN

20. VespaMatt macrumors member

Here is another code for 10% off:

03-12-QN49RTP

You can use this code to get 10% off and then post the code you receive to get an additional 10% off that if someone uses it. Pretty good deal.

I've never had a problem with my dodocase warping but it did fall about 5 ft and one of the corners sadly broke off. I obviously liked it enough to be buying one of their new spring colors though.

21. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I had my iPad 1 in a DODOcase for about 2-3 months before I switched to a Portenzo. You need to take into account that this was in Summer 2010 and I'm not familiar with any changes they've made to the design but the corner pads were awful--constantly either slipping or coming off. DODO graciously sent replacements free of charge but it didn't help, even with a dab of superglue. On top of the corner pad issue, the bamboo frame just spontaneously split--I never removed the iPad or dropped it so, that was it for me.

I was much happier with the build quality of my Portenzo--was in great shape from Sept 2010 until March 2011 when my Mom inherited it from me. In fact, she's still using it today but it's admittedly in not so great shape--loose fit and a few spots on the frame where the wood has broken/chipped. Granted, my mom is a bit of a klutz so it very well may not be the Portenzo's fault ;).

Now, I simply use a black leather smart cover and a Dodo BOOKback (great DODO product, by the way, highly endorse) now and will do the same on my new iPad.

22. macsoc macrumors newbie

Here is another ..

10% code of the DODO case

120406-PLJ9YDN

23. mcmorris99 macrumors newbie