Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi - just wondering, has anyone gotten DODOcases recently? I used them for my iPad 3 and for the Air 2. Thinking of getting on for the pro 10.5. I note that they don't use bamboo anymore but a lighter tray. Has that made a significant difference?

Thanks!

dmunz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
I've never used their cases but did use, and love, the bookback. I had one on my 3 and then re-used it on my Air. I wish they would bring it back for the iPad Pro 10.5.

FWIW
DLM

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Hi - just wondering, has anyone gotten DODOcases recently? I used them for my iPad 3 and for the Air 2. Thinking of getting on for the pro 10.5. I note that they don't use bamboo anymore but a lighter tray. Has that made a significant difference?

Thanks!

Had one for my IPP 9.7 and just got one for my 10.5 that is sitting in my mailbox at home. Loved the last one and this one looks to be the same. They do not use the bamboo/wood and it's soooo much better imo. Lighter and thinner.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for your replies. I ordered it for my 10.5, glad to know it's a lot lighter and thinner without the bamboo! That was the only drawback to the case. And adding the additional angle should help too.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Thanks for your replies. I ordered it for my 10.5, glad to know it's a lot lighter and thinner without the bamboo! That was the only drawback to the case. And adding the additional angle should help too.
Please check back in and let us know what you think once you receive it.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Please check back in and let us know what you think once you receive it.

Will do! If you are interested in knowing, I also ordered myself a Durables case from Dodocase. I received it this week, I ordered it shortly after I pre-ordered the ipad. The quality of the case and materials used are very good. It's waxed canvas so it shows marks as it gets used which is not a bad thing as it adds to the character. The one thing I don't like is that it's a bit bigger than it needs to be, to the point where I wondered if the ipad 2/3/4 durables case is the same. However, I doubt they'd send old cases pretending it's for a new ipad. Also it's meant to fit with the smart keyboard as well (which I don't plan to get as I'll just use my husband's 9.7 keyboard if I need to write something). Even though it's slightly bigger it does not fall out and is securely in, just not snuggly if that makes sense.

I'd give it a 7/10. 10 if it were a bit more snug.

Reactions: willmtaylor

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Will do! If you are interested in knowing, I also ordered myself a Durables case from Dodocase. I received it this week, I ordered it shortly after I pre-ordered the ipad. The quality of the case and materials used are very good. It's waxed canvas so it shows marks as it gets used which is not a bad thing as it adds to the character. The one thing I don't like is that it's a bit bigger than it needs to be, to the point where I wondered if the ipad 2/3/4 durables case is the same. However, I doubt they'd send old cases pretending it's for a new ipad. Also it's meant to fit with the smart keyboard as well (which I don't plan to get as I'll just use my husband's 9.7 keyboard if I need to write something). Even though it's slightly bigger it does not fall out and is securely in, just not snuggly if that makes sense.

I'd give it a 7/10. 10 if it were a bit more snug.

I find the same thing with my iPhone 6S durables wallet. In fact, the only time I've ever damaged an iPhone was from a fall where it was in this case. It was loose enough that it let my phone slide out just enough for the top of the phone to hit the ground.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
I find the same thing with my iPhone 6S durables wallet. In fact, the only time I've ever damaged an iPhone was from a fall where it was in this case. It was loose enough that it let my phone slide out just enough for the top of the phone to hit the ground.

I guess that's consistent across their products. Good quality but not good fit.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I'd really be interested in any photos of their cases on a 10.5 that you guys have. The photos they have on their website aren't super clear. I'm especially interested in what the new tray is like, since I haven't had one of their cases since they were still made of bamboo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.