Does 10.5.5 fix iPhone syncing with subscribed calendars?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xraydoc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

According to the list of fixes with 10.5.5, the following is addressed:

• iCal: Resolves an issue with syncing published calendars.

This item, however, isn't any more specific, and doesn't reference the iPhone at all. But, its a known issue that iPhone over-the-air calendar syncing via MobileMe does not include any subscribed calendars - only local ones.

Does anyone know if this fix listed above addresses the MobileMe to iPhone subscribed calendar sync??

2. rudolf macrumors member

Dunno.

Why don't you try the update and let us know how it goes?

3. golgo1313 macrumors regular

it has not worked for me. I just tried today. I would like to know if others are having the same issues. Jun

4. xraydoc thread starter macrumors 604

xraydoc

I didn't want to initially try it as its a little bit of a hassle to re-sync everything if it doesn't work.

However, I did try it yesterday after giving 10.5.5 the shakedown. Subscribed calendars in iCal still do not sync over-the-air (via MobileMe) to the iPhone. A USB iTunes sync with MobileMe off is still required to get subscribed calendars on to the iPhone.

Kind of a pain in the rear for me since I can't see changes to my wife's iCal calendar until I get home to sync it manually - which defeats the point since by then I'm already home.

I've left Apple feedback, so I can only hope that this will be coming at some point.

Edit: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1213

From the article -
    When syncing subscription calendars between a Mac and an iPhone/iPod touch wirelessly via MobileMe Sync: Subscription calendars do not appear in your iPhone/iPod touch.

No resolution given yet.