Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drcreek

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Uddevalla, Sweden
I wrote about a week ago about the possibility of Apple using the A7 chip as the foundation of building a bigger iPad or even an iOS Notebook, possibly starting the transition of the Macbook Air lines over to ARM and maybe iOS.

I got loads of feedback and found some new information, so I’ve written follow up article here...

http://www.david-marsden.com/arguments-for-against-apple-releasing-a-bigger-ipad-or-ios-notebook/

I'd love to know what you guys think about the idea?

Does the evidence stack up to you or am I barking up the wring tree?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't think they will move the OSX Airs over to ARM unless Adobe, for example, has an ARM version of their Creative Suite. Otherwise you'll end up with the compromises of Windows RT, a computer OS that has no computer software to run, aside from office in their case.

I think the 64bit transition happened to pave the way for a W8 style hybrid OS/device.

drcreek

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Uddevalla, Sweden
I think it would be more iOS style on the OS, but in a Macbook Air style clamshell, not running OS X.

like at the end of the article...

Built to run a new iOS series of Apple’s Pro apps, like Final Cut, Aperture and Logic Pro.

And say to Adobe, if you want photoshop on here... build it and sell it in the AppStore, or someone else will. Such as Pixelmator.

But again. It could be just a bigger iPad, but the same deal. Touch versions of all the "Pro" apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.