Does 2.1 and 2.4 GHZ make a Difference

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by benjy1416, Jun 1, 2008.

1. benjy1416 macrumors newbie

Hello :)I am about to purchase a mac in a week (after the announcement of the back to school deal) and i am wondering which model of the 2 macbooks i should get. I can upgrade the ram seperatly and it would cost less then getting it through apple, so does the difference in 2.1 and a 2.4 processor make a difference? The only major program I am wanting to run is photoshop Cs3. Will it run fine with a 2.1 ghz processor? And just for the fun of it, whats the difference in a superdrive or no superdrive? Thank You. PS. this will be my first mac :D

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You won't see much of a difference between the 2.1 and the 2.4; 2.1 will run PS just as well; just get 2GB or more RAM; the difference between the SuperDrive and ComboDrive is the former burner DVDs and CDs, while the latter only reads DVDs, but burns CDs; it's really your choice, but hopefully Apple with phase out the ComboDrive; you may not burn DVDs all the time, but it's nice to have.

3. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

It'll make some difference, but you probably won't notice it unless you were to put the two side by side and benchmark (and even then, it wouldn't be a huge difference). Like the previous poster said, load up on RAM; it'll give you a bigger performance boost than the slightly faster processor.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

As others have noted, additional RAM will make a bigger difference then a slight MHz bump. In terms of the price difference between the 2.1GHz and 2.4GHz white MacBooks, you can spend $100 on 4GB of RAM which will have a much more positive impact on performance and pocket the other $100.

5. krye macrumors 68000

krye