Does 2nd generation butterfly get stuck less?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johannnn, Apr 8, 2017.

1. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Owning 2016 MB12 and keys sometimes gets stuck. Is this something that is improved with the 2nd gen keyboard on the MBP?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It should be, at least there's likely a reason that Apple pushed it so fast, and made us know it.

But I have had about 20% of the keys on my '16 rMB be weird, and agressive treatments with a vacuum cleaner only fixed some of it. My trackpad didn't click either, so I had the entire top case exchanged on warranty a few weeks ago, and it made an enormous difference. I don't think it is different, but it sure does feel different than the original keyboard the machine had, as i feel all the keys have slightly more 'click' than they did before. So I would recommend you get it fixed by Apple, as you are still under warranty.

3. parsonsmike macrumors newbie

I'm on my second keyboard, and the space bar is starting to crap out on me. It's just an embarrassment of a keyboard for an (ostensibly) pro machine.

The keys are way more loud than previous Macs I've owned. Typing on it in a really quiet room can be a little disruptive.

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

I have no problems with stuck keys on mine, or with loudness for that matter.

5. robvas macrumors 68020

It's not supposed to!

6. JMacHack macrumors 6502

I've not had any problems here, but take that with a grain of salt. Apple's QA is been in the toilet for awhile now.

7. Sanpete macrumors 68020

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Of course it is supposed to.

9. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

The keyboard on my 2015 Macbook is great! LOL.