Does 3.0 OS remove all content?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Pain macrumors regular

Just need to clarify, since I will have to back-up music/videos before I buy it. Also, I have a question:

If I connect an iPhone with 3.0, and then my iPod with 2.2.1, will I get it free?

2. McShizzel macrumors regular

All my apps and media files stayed on my iPod after the update.

As for question number 2: I don't know.

3. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you need to pay for the iPod Touch.

But yeah, it keeps all your content on the iPod unless you tell it to restore it, which I decided to do just to clean out everything.

4. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Mine's jailbroken, so I will have to restore anyway. But otherwise, it doesn't remove?

5. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

actually my 2g was jailbroken and it went to 3.0 fine without problems. All trace of the jailbreak are gone though and all my regular content was still there.

6. brownricetofu macrumors member

But did you guys update your ipods on the same computer that you sync it with, or a different pc? In other words, are you sure that 3.0 didn't wipe the ipod clean, and then re-sync your music, vids, and apps?

Asking because I only have access to a computer that the pod is NOT synced too, and I don't want to loose anything... Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

7. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

I did it on the same computer i sync on, but unless it can load the OS and almost 8gb of content in 15 minutes now it did not change anything except get rid of my jailbrake.

8. darklyt macrumors regular

I did it on my computer without my iTunes library connected to my computer (it's on an external harddrive) and everything is still there.

9. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I lost some YouTube bookmarks, but I think that's all I've lost.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats the best way to backup my all my songs and playlist on the Touch?? I also want to keep my play counts too on my touch when I upgrade to 3.0

11. masse macrumors 6502a

masse