Does 3.0 still play podcast's continuously?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timholtz, Mar 23, 2009.

1. timholtz macrumors newbie

Can someone with the 3.0 software tell me if the podcast's still play continuously? That is my biggest pet peeve with the phone since 2.1(?).

Thanks,

Tim

2. Dan in PA macrumors regular

My iPod app is being all whacky right now, but I don't believe it does, unless I'm remembering wrong. It does say something about scrubbing rate when I attempt to use the progress slider.

3. timholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

To be more clear, I'm talking about when you are playing a podcast and it ends it will go on to the next one in the line-up without stopping.

4. timholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

5. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

sure ill do it right now, do u mean in a play list or just one after the other in the main podcast list?

Edit: Stops after one as per usual. You might prefer it the other way, but thats a flaw not a feature. On the go playlist enables continuous play of anything, while play through the menu is single play.

6. timholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant in the main podcast "section" in the iPod app.

That's awesome thanks, I think they introduced that bug in 2.1 and they didn't fix it in 2.2 or 2.2.1. It drives me crazy that they play like a music playlist (one after the other without stopping), glad to hear they finally fixed it in 3.0.

Tim

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I tested it and it continuously plays without stopping. I have 9 Podcasts from the same source (various recordings from a residency program, dated in order) and they continue to play, one after the other. :confused:

P.S. This is with 3.0 Beta on a Black 8GB iPhone 3G

8. cdlxxvi macrumors newbie

9. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Both Podcast's and Audio Books have continous play. I have just tested this today with various podcasts and audio books. They continue to play until they hit a previous played or all the way to the end.

Hope that answers your question and makes your day!