Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

continuum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
May be upgrading to the 30gig iPod video shortly.... does anyone know the dimensions of it vs. the 4gen 20gig iPod? I want to make sure it will fit in my Bose sound dock. Thanks!

continuum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
barneygumble said:
Yes, it's loose but fits nicely, my bro has one

any looser than the 4gen? when i say loose i mean from front to back. pushing on the scroll wheel causes the ipod to lean back into the speaker grill. i don't imagine you mean side to side...

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Ummm... *radical suggestion here*... have a look at apple.com for the iPod dimensions? :p

Yes the iPod video fits the Sound Dock... saw one at the Apple Store earlier!

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
continuum said:
any looser than the 4gen? when i say loose i mean from front to back. pushing on the scroll wheel causes the ipod to lean back into the speaker grill. i don't imagine you mean side to side...

It moves a bit but not much it's quite sturdy, i ussually grab the ipod to make sure i don't stress the dock, go to the apple store and ask for a demo if you can

continuum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
dietcokevanilla said:
Ummm... *radical suggestion here*... have a look at apple.com for the iPod dimensions? :p

Yes the iPod video fits the Sound Dock... saw one at the Apple Store earlier!

thanks for great suggestion but the steelers just won and i'm feeling lazy (although i already checked the website for dimensions). i wanted some firsthand feedback that barney was able to provide. thanks guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.