Does 3G seem faster these days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Over the past week I have noticed that 3G speed has been faster (at least in my area). When I first got my iPhone the day after launch, 3G data speed was unstable going from 100 kbps up to 350 kpbs.

Lately I have noticed that I am now consistently getting 450 kbps. Could this be because the "iPhone Effect" has worn off and the load on the network is getting back to normal?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is likely that more towers in your area have been updated and the load better spread out, or that there is now more hardwired bandwidth connected to your local tower. It is also possible that people are no longer doing endless test on 3G and are now using their home Wi-Fi for connections.

TEG

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

big improvements....

I've seen a big improvements from the first couple of days (week 1) of 60-80K and now the average from my home is about 350-450K and depending on time of day is even better.

At Yankee Stadium though the network was not very good.

Obviously 3G is a work in progress even in the 'covered' areas. :rolleyes:

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

None here. Girlfriend is happy with 3G speeds though they are far from what she expected. She was playing with it today and they seemed a little slower than usual