Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eckndu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
i think i read somewhere that 3gs has a different screen coating that 3g, making it more fingerprints proof. is this true? do you think the power support anti-glare film is still necessary on the 3gs?

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The oleophobic coating is quite good, but I slapped an anti-glare film on there today anyways. While fingerprints weren't nearly as bad, glare was still definitely and issue for me. And I'm a nervous pervis, so... :cool:

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I've had the anti glare on my iPhone 2G and 3G and I didn't feel the need to put it on my 3GS, this new coating is awesome! I'm not worried about scratches because the iPhone is pretty damn scratch resistant besides sand or anything harder than glass, I'm not worried :)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
there's like 50 threads on this. it's called an anti glare protector, not an anti fingerprint protector. the coating on the iphone does not reduce glare, and it's not scratch proof, therefore the protector still serves the same purpose it always has; to reduce glare and protect from scratching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.