Does 4G work on UK carriers with iPhone 6 bought in the US?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jashraf, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jashraf macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has already been posted but seeing so many mixed posts about this. I'm travelling to the US and considering buying the iPhone 6. I believe if I get the t mobile sim free phone this will work on all 4G bands in UK?

I'm told that this sim free phone just has a t mobile sim in it but nothing to do with t mobile.

Has anyone done this and successfully uses 4G in the UK? I'm on EE right now. I'm hoping it's the same device as sim free one in the UK but hopefully someone has already done this. Thanks in advance!

2. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I spend time between the UK and US, but reside for most of the year in the UK. On a recent trip to the US, I bought the full price T-Mobile iPhone 6 on-line from Apple.com . It comes with a T-Mobile SIM in it, but it is not activated and it didn't even come with any instructions on how to activate it. I'm on O2 here in the UK and the phone is unlocked and works fine with my O2 SIM. I do get 4G coverage in the UK.

3. jashraf thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazing. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone successfully had and used EE or Vodafone 4G on an iPhone 6 bought in the US?

4. nixx macrumors newbie

I just moved from the US to the UK. My wife's iPhone 5S (AT&T) works on 4G on EE here. My iPhone 6 does as well. However, my old iPhone 5 did NOT work on 4G on EE (only 3G). Your us iPhone 6 will work here on EE.