Does 7.3.1 fw work well on the AEBSn?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by danny_w, Mar 29, 2008.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

I just bought an AEBSn after returning a Time Capsule last week. I loved the TC but it kept giving errors of various kinds, and 2 total lockups; I also was not thrilled with the idea of the hard drive and router in a single device (single point of failure and all that). anyway, I got the AEBSn setup very easily, and everything is great; firmware is at 7.3 (what it came with). I know that 7.3.1 added Time Machine compatibility for usb hard drives, and maybe some other features. What I would like to know is the general satisfaction level of other users, and if this version of firmware has caused any new problems.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I went from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 and have not had any problems. To be honest, I haven't had any issues on this base at all (my previous one had a hardware failure but Apple replaced it and the new one is flawless).

3. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Nope, I have AEBS + USB-Drive and ran into a TON of problems.

After I managed to get it running, the backup, suddenly and without any other influence, failed to recognize the previous backup version and was not able to continue the backup.

I went back to my old wired Time Machine Setup, and I am not going to try this again until they fixed those few hundreds of problems...

:mad:

Way to go, :apple: :rolleyes:

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I am having problems connecting with Airport Utility now. Never had this before the AU and firmware update. Still has problems when more than 1 USB drive is hooked up. Printers still disappear or are not connectable. Not a big improvement for me.

5. macleod199 macrumors 6502

I had been using 7.1.1 for a long time because 7.2.x had problems for me (NAT-PMP didn't work, getting the disk to mount was problematic). 7.3.1 seems to be working for me, though. The only issue is that the AirDisk doesn't mount at startup any more.

I've finally given up and have connect my drive directly via firewire. I plug in my FireWave audio thing by firewire whenever I'm here anyway, so I just have them daisy-chained.