Does 802.1x suddenly work with the new update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sstern1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. sstern1 macrumors member

Or is this just edge being really fast? Anybody tried to connect to an 802.1x-security enabled network?

2. sstern1 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind. Damn, still slow with no support! When is apple going to fix this issue.

3. alexbo macrumors member

Ya, no, it doesn't work. As far as I know Apple doesn't care about this problem at all. I researched it quite a bit, and came across a rumor that a 3rd party might help out with this (turned out to be not true. Devicescape denied that they were working on it, or that they ever would start.), and an online petition asking Apple to add it.

The petition has less than 300 signatures so far, and it's been there over a month...

Nobody really cares enough, except a very few of us college students.

4. zed2 macrumors 6502a

Well if Apple want to push the iphone in to the Enterprise world then they will have to solve it. I don't know of many big enterprises that do not make use of 802.1x security.

And even Leopard Server now supports Radius authentication for wireless base stations, thus making it easier to set up and run 802.1x on a mac network. It seems odd that one side of apple is doing it but the other is not.