Does a bumper/case really remove ALL reception issues?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I never had a case for my 3G. I feel it just does injustice to the design of my iphone. But this reception thing is getting to be ridiculous. I get worse reception than my 3G in my home even when I'm NOT touching that corner... The worse thing is when I lay on my left side the reception completely dies.

I guess I'm hesitant to believe that a simple case completely solves all reception issues. Because reception seems to be worse than my 3G even when not touching the corner...

If a case really does solve all reception problems, then I will reluctantly get one. But can people who had reception issues and then bought a case/bumper please describe their results?

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I was able to repeat the signal loss on my wife's phone with the bumper installed...but I had to give it the death grip. I do believe it helps quite a bit with "general" use and normal grip.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I haven't had any (noticeable) problems since I put on a case. Worst case scenario, it's on par with any other phone in terms of reception. In my experience though, since adding a case, the signal quality has been stronger and more consistent, and both data and voice are connecting quicker and more reliably. YMMV.

4. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I don't think it will remove it but i've seen an improvement for sure, I least have signal now at home with the bumper on. Try it out, return it if it doesn't help or work, it's pretty although I always love the Nude look.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It has pretty much cleared up all of my reception issues as well.

6. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

No reception problems at all since adding the bumper case.

7. Nokaoi macrumors regular

;)I haven't had any of the issues. The reception and the proximity sensor is non prevalent on The Wife and I's iPhone 4's.;)

8. motty2307 macrumors regular

I'm using a Wrapsol and that took care of my reception issue. I also ordered a bumper just for a little extra protection in case of a drop.

9. random person macrumors 6502a

My problems were solved with a bumper, even in an area with marginal Edge service only and no 3G.

That said, there have been a couple of videos posted on macrumors that clearly show five bars going to no service with the bumper on! So clearly it varies,