Does a decent armband for the iPhone exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chris Welch, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

The Belkin one has a ton of negative reviews regarding the build quality, etc. The Marware Sportsuit Convertible leaves the iPhone's display exposed to sweat, which is idiotic.

This one showed up in the online Apple Store recently: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW931ZM/A?mco=MTM1MzE4NzA Thinking of giving it a shot.

Anyone have a recommendation?

2. hrv888 macrumors 6502

Is that friendly if you have invisishield over your phone? Tried one before with invisishield installed in my phone before an when I took out my phone it almost separated the invisishield from the phone because the screen protector stuck to the armband. Any thoughts? Anyone using an armband with screen protector installed?

3. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

I'm in the same boat and have yet to find a armband that has good enough reviews to make me want to pull out the wallet. I've been seriously considering a running belt just for this purposes as I am a thin build and every armband looks like a launch pad of some sort. Particularlly the Spi Belt. Good luck!

4. nealric macrumors member

I bought one of the $3 ones on ebay. It works just fine and seems reasonably well built.

5. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I'm going to need one of these. I always have my phone in my pocket and have to be especially careful when at the gym in case it slips out. The Contour Bolt looks cool except I'd have to take off my InCase case off every time.

6. chris13pointone macrumors newbie

If you want an armband that is water resistant, and comfortable, I can highly recommend the Armpocket Sport 20. I bought it at a marathon running expo, after I read other review in other posts, and have used it for my training runs and actual races ever since. I completely forget it's there, when I run. It does not slip on the arm as many of the cheaper brands. you can get it at www.armpocket.com
    Good luck

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I have the Griffin Streamline armband; been using it for a few months now at the gym.

I don't have a problem with the build quality, but the only problem I have is that whenever I flex, it would sometime press against the volume buttons and changes it either up or down -- can get VERY annoying.

8. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!