Does a hack to enable video sharing iPhone 3G exist?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by trajen, Feb 28, 2010.

1. trajen macrumors 6502a

I have iVideoCamera and the App saves the videos taken into the camera roll, but the sharing option is disabled. Does anyone know of a way to enable this feature? (Don't say 'Buy a 3GS.') If I take a quick video of something I'd like to be able to email it or mms it to friends/relatives.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you try Qik?
    I dont know if it will let you MMS the video but I think you can email it and also upload it to youtube thru the app.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

How large is the video you are trying to share?

4. trajen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have not tried Qik but I will look into it. I have taken short videos to test (about 10s long) and the sharing option is always disabled. It seems Apple will allow videos to be recorded via Apps now but won't let 3G owners MMS them. :rolleyes:

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I thought the 3G couldn't MMS officially. What about share via email?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The 2G cant do MMS officially. The 3G model and 3GS does MMS.

7. trajen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I installed per instructions but encountered an error. Cydia notified me via popup that the package was trying to overwrite the SpringBoard.plist/MA86 (something to that effect) file but could not because I had the asBattery battery percentage hack enabled. I will delete the battery percentage and try again. Thank you for the link! :D

**Update. Seems to be working! I deleted asBattery and installed the package. The information in Cydia said videos larger than ~520kb would be rejected, this seems true. With iVideoCamera I recorded a 27s video and a 6s video, the longer video did not send: I kept getting a "Message Send Failure" popup. But I can send short videos and I still have my battery percent! Yahtzee!

8. kuato macrumors member

Cool. I'll have to try it out for myself. Some of the comments were negative which scared me away from it. I know with my old Verizon phone I could only send videos <15s. Not sure what the limits are for AT&T or Tmobile.

9. trajen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll bet it's about the same. Good luck! :)

10. trajen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just to update:

The package enables the slider button in the camera app! You can switch to camcorder, but not record. :( It also activates new options in the firmware, when touching the camera logo in a text message, for instance, it has a new option for "Take Video." So it's almost as if I have a 3GS now.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Definatelly not like a 3GS by adding a few nonfunctional buttons:D
    it's kinda like adding a big NOS sticker in the back of a stock car.