Does a large charge mat exists?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yalag, Nov 6, 2017.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I absolutely hate the wireless chargers apple sell. I tried them both and basically you have to be so precise it's pointless to use.

I want to just lay it on a mat, and have it charged no matter where I put it. Does this product exists?

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Don't know of a large mat, but will say the white Belkin mat is pretty reliable. Just plop it down and it charges right away.

3. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I ordered this one from Mophie. I think the size and shape should help with alignment. If only Apple’s upcoming mat would be available in Space Gray instead of just white.

4. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

I bought the Mophie one that Apple was selling, and it's been working flawlessly for me. That is, it has been charging without any need to realign, etc. The puck is not much wider than the iPhone X itself, so I don't really see how you can put it down and miss the charging coils.

[​IMG]

Are you using a thick case or something? (I'm just trying to think of what would cause issues with the charge, though I'm using the Apple Leather Case without issue.)