Does a new iMAC come with any drawing software

Discussion in 'iMac' started by keithh, Oct 20, 2009.

1. keithh macrumors newbie

Simple 2D drawing is what I want. If there isn't any than is there any decent drawing freeware?

2. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

You can take a marker and draw on the box it is packaged in, but that's about it.

I am unable to point to any specific free software but others might be able to.

3. TennisandMusic

Freeware would be something like The Gimp, while Pixelmator would be a great paid for option that is relatively cheap (I think 59 dollars). I own it. It's pretty good for the most part.

4. megasad macrumors member

Paintbrush sounds like what you're looking for:
    http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net/
    It's just like Paint on Windows, only better :)

I've not used Pixelmator but The Gimp is most definitely not the thing to use for simple drawing, at least not in my opinion.

5. TennisandMusic

Well it was the only freeware solution I knew of off hand. :p I agree, it's not the nicest program around, but it is free.

The one you posted looks like a good solution. Good to know about too, thanks.

6. Coffee-Drinker macrumors newbie

Coffee-Drinker

For 2 D painting, I would recommend Pixelmator. For the price it's a steal and you can download a trial. Beware of Photoshop Elements or at least try it before you buy it.
    On a side note, Paintbrush reminds me of the good old MacDraw. Maybe I should donwload it just for nostalgia.

7. Tivoli macrumors member