Does a new iTunes mean iOS 6 alongside it?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by WeegieMac, Sep 12, 2012.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Genuine question.

We know that a new version if iTunes is coming today, and that every new release of iOS requires a new, latest build of iTunes to install it.

Could the release of this new iTunes today see iOS 6 launch alongside it?

I know there has been no GM but given the quick rollout the iPhone 5 is expected to have and taking into account that there was only 4 betas, could we be surprised by an iOS 6 release today?

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

actually you don't need iTunes anymore to update...remember we got OTA updates via wifi last year?

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I think most people read too much into things. Sometimes a new iTunes is just that a new iTunes. It's long overdue and is supposed to be a complete re-write. I don't think iOS 6 will be released today, besides the normal GM release to developers after the keynote.

4. WeegieMac thread starter Guest

WeegieMac

If this iTunes is indeed the long rumoured reworked version then I'm excited. I'd still like to see iTunes and the App Store split in two, but it won't happen on OS X with the Mac App Store also having a home on the dock.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Looks like the new iTunes will be out AFTER ios6 drops in later October.

But that does not mean there will be an update between now and the 19th when ios6 drops. I don't think ios6 or even ios5.x is dependent on iTunses anymore.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm pretty sure they will release a preview to developers today.