Does a new macbook come charged?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by irishgrizzly, Jul 14, 2007.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I going to pick up a macbook for a relative over lunch this week. I want to show them the basics there but will the battery be charged in a new machine or will it need a charge?

2. dcv macrumors G3

It will come with *some* charge so you can use it straight out of the box but for best results you should calibrate the battery, as described in this document (read the second half).

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I never knew this. It would be nice if Apple included this info in the manual that comes with the machine.

4. Gandhi macrumors regular

They do ;)

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I just rechecked my manual and no mention of that. Just the basics, nothing about calibration.

6. Gandhi macrumors regular

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

8. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

Then you didn't get the full package, that manual should come with every new macbook. It did with mine anyways

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Perhaps they don't include it anymore or maybe it's because I bought it with the education discount though I can't imagine that would affect anything. I'll have look into it.

10. firesong macrumors member

The new Macs don't have the full manual, IIRC. It's in PDF inside of the install, somewhare.

I know - my sis's Yonah MBP has got a nice comprehensive manual, but my SR doesn't. Just a "everything Mac" booklet, and an "everything else" sleeve with the DVDs and some other stuff.

/FS