Does a packaged .mac ever expire?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VoodooDaddy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I think I know the answer (no) but just want to make sure. I have a family account, which expires in August I believe. Was at Compusa today and they had them 50% off, so I picked one up for $90 to use when I need to renew. Thing is, its the MA362Z/A 4.0 version, and I know they are now on 5.0 with a differnet sku.

This one will still be usable to renew when its time (I hope) or did I just waste $90?

2. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

.Mac has different versions? I did not know this.

3. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

I think when they changed from 1gb to 10gb storage it went from 4.0 to 5.0.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I think you will be fine using the upgrade code you purchased. The upgrade took place during my membership, and I was just ported to the new version, which meant more disk space, same price. If you run into any issues when you upgrade, just call Apple. I'm sure they will fix the issue and not charge you more for the current version. As far as I know, it was just a storage increase, and I don't see any tiered choices when purchasing. It's still just personal or family for one price/1 year at a time, with the option to add even more for a fee. It just has more initial space now.