Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkdss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
So I hit my macbook air against the wall a long time ago -- it got a TINY slight bend in the corner nothing serious. We've see a million people post pics of it. This happened maybe 8-9 months ago.

This month, a chunk of my screen died. What they defined as a "pressure point" when I brought it to the mac store, it takes up about 8x8px of my screen leaving it dead white in a perfect circle.

They said normally this would be covered under warranty, but since I had gotten this slight cosmetic dent on the corner the "Genius" was being a complete dick telling me that if I wanted it fixed it would cost $750. I told him they were completley unrelated, that the dent as cosmetic as you could clearly see (the bend so slight) that it didn't have anything to do with the screen itself and he just kept saying "Sorry it's dented, and we would need to replace the monitor thus fixing your dent, so you will have to pay."

I completley understand they don't do accidental damage, but like... my dent is in the bottom right corner of the air, and this hole is all the way on the left side of the monitor... they are obviously two completley different issues and this is clearly a screen defect.

Is there anything I can do or say to get them to fix this? It's SO obvious it's a defect in the screen... gah. Frustrating...:mad::mad::mad:

~dark

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
You could ask to speak with the support manager at the genius bar, or you could have it serviced by mail, however, both may reach the same conclusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.