Does Acrobat Pro X work with Lion?

Garoolgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Can anyone honestly tell me that they can scan and use Acrobat X Pro with Lion?

I've just had to migrate to a new Lion MacBook Pro and my old Acrobat Pro CS3 = 8 will not scan. I've a confirmation from Canon (CanoScan 5600F) that this is the case.

Before I order Acobat X Pro which I'd prefer simply because I'm used to using it, I'd really like to know whether it will work. If I get some positive answers I'll do a free trial first!

Also can anyone recommend any other .pdf programs that will let me scan, insert & delete pages etc?

My scanner works on Image Capture.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Garoolgan

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Can anyone honestly tell me that they can scan and use Acrobat X Pro with Lion?

I have no idea what your agenda is, but Adobe X Pro works fine under Lion. Perhaps your problems with you scanner related to how you installed your scanner driver or how you installed the obsolete version of Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro that you are currently using. It is, afterall, a six-year-old application. It is my understanding that Acrobat 8 Pro is a Universal Binary application. It is possible, however, that parts of it rely on Rosetta. But the answer to your question is that Adobe Acrobat X Pro works fine under Lion.

BTW, Image Capture scans to PDF just fine. Also, it scans faster than Adobe Acrobat.

Garoolgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Acrobat and Lion

Thanks for your reply (But the answer to your question is that Adobe Acrobat X Pro works fine under Lion.) Mister Me.

I'd been reading all the negative opinions of Acrobat X and before even trying the free trial I thought that I'd ask the straight out question.

Garoolgan