Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Curious to know those of you who use CS6, does it work without any problems in DP1 of Mavericks?

MLMcMillion

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
Arkansas, USA
Photoshop CS6 was running poorly for me on a rMBP, which is ironic, given how well it runs in ML and how well everything else was running in Mavericks. I restored back to ML for that very reason.

The scary part is, given Adobe's track record, it may be flaky well into Maverick's release.

Signum17

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Berkeley, California
One of the longest and most heated threads in the Adobe Photoshop forums was some sort of problem where PSD thumbnails failed to render in OSX. Adobe said basically "Apple wanted them to do things a certain way" and if the thumbnails did not render then it was a Mac OS bug and nothing they could address.

All is fine in 10.8.4 but before I ever think of upgrading, I want to avoid that.

Btw, if anyone uses the File > Open... dialog, is there a way to adjust the thumbnail size?

Gene :apple:

ValkyrieLenneth

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
Vietnam
You mean the shortcuts? What's wrong with them?

All my hotkeys/shortcuts become like this.

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 3.39.53 PM.png

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
There is issues with Save As not working properly in Photoshop. If you try to save as a different format, there is no format change.

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
All my hotkeys/shortcuts become like this.

View attachment 417415

That is so strange. Have you tried to reset your keyboard shortcuts?

I can confirm that I have so far no problems with these CS6 apps:
Adobe Audition CS6
Adobe Bridge CS6
Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
Adobe Flash CS6
Adobe Illustrator CS6
Adobe InDesign CS6
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
It works fine, basically. But in my case, all the hotkeys are messed up. :D

try deleting (well, move to desktop in case!) your PS preferences. when i moved from lion to mountain lion, had a similar issue (and some others!), and creating a new prefs file fixed the problem. (quit PS first...)

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Photoshop CS6 was running poorly for me on a rMBP, which is ironic, given how well it runs in ML and how well everything else was running in Mavericks. I restored back to ML for that very reason.

The scary part is, given Adobe's track record, it may be flaky well into Maverick's release.
You do not use professional software on a developer preview OS. Period.

ValkyrieLenneth

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
Vietnam
I tried, also reinstall CS6 but no luck so far.
Anyway, which is the best way to clean up all CS6 pref ? Any particular tool, guys ? :eek:

EddieLeonard

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
I need help guys!

Ive deleted everything the CS6 installer installs and re-installed and still my shortcuts are messed up...

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I wonder if Adobe will provide a fix for this or tell people go to the creative cloud

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
For me everything but After Affects works... but that seems to be a common problem (and a very big one!)

But with Adobe CC (CS7) being released tomorrow, maybe there is fix coming in all that.

jb510

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
You do not use professional software on a developer preview OS. Period.

nothing like real people in the real world reporting their observations...
if you're running beta software, you're choosing to try things out.

I think Adobe has enough test engineers. :D

ROTFLOL Every time DP/beta anything comes out and people start running they start asking questions and looking for help in whatever forums they're accustomed to using. There is aways some self ordained internet police officer there who thinks it's their job to tell them there foolish or otherwise wrong for doing so.

Newsflash. I develop software and need to run 10.9DP and Xcode 5. While I care very little about Adobe's products, I would like to know before installing 10.9DP to get my actual work done if Photoshop is going to fail to explode or not.

While I could certainly hack the crap out of the DP and install it in a VM like I did for 10.8 and test it, It's really much easier to backup my main drive and install it than to expend spend all that energy. Unless of course someone else already has tried and is kind enough to ACTUALLY HELP and say what their experience is.

Someday the internet will be free of unhelpful trolls that think they just HAVE to chime in on everything.

With that, Photoshop is running fine for me under 10.9DP1. Including my keyboard shortcuts and save as. I don't use a lot of the more advanced bits of PS though so YMMV.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
ROTFLOL Every time DP/beta anything comes out and people start running they start asking questions and looking for help in whatever forums they're accustomed to using. There is aways some self ordained internet police officer there who thinks it's their job to tell them there foolish or otherwise wrong for doing so.

Newsflash. I develop software and need to run 10.9DP and Xcode 5. While I care very little about Adobe's products, I would like to know before installing 10.9DP to get my actual work done if Photoshop is going to fail to explode or not.

While I could certainly hack the crap out of the DP and install it in a VM like I did for 10.8 and test it, It's really much easier to backup my main drive and install it than to expend spend all that energy. Unless of course someone else already has tried and is kind enough to ACTUALLY HELP and say what their experience is.

Someday the internet will be free of unhelpful trolls that think they just HAVE to chime in on everything.

With that, Photoshop is running fine for me under 10.9DP1. Including my keyboard shortcuts and save as. I don't use a lot of the more advanced bits of PS though so YMMV.

Because installing it on an external usb/firewire/thunderbold disk is not easy enough. :|

sevdestruct

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2013
Solution to Photoshop / Mavericks broken shortcuts issue.

So, instead of berating the curious folks out there for venturing into unknown territory with beta, I hope to post some useful information to the forum…

I had the same issue on one of my machines and I am pretty sure it was due to a glitch with input sources and Photoshop CC and or Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks DP. I've posted my findings/solution on the Adobe forums:

Photoshop/Mavericks Broken Shortcuts ⌘≠ Solution

Look for my reply and please mark my post was useful, so that others might find it easier. I hope it helps or at least steers people in the right direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.