Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
I am moving away from my Windows Desktops and my new M3 iMac will be serving my needs in the future. Does Adobe have any kind of program where I can move my CS6 Windows version to MAC?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am moving away from my Windows Desktops and my new M3 iMac will be serving my needs in the future. Does Adobe have any kind of program where I can move my CS6 Windows version to MAC?
CS6 is long out of support from Adobe, so you won't be able to switch. Also, CS6 won't run on the M3 iMac anyway.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
You'll have to switch to the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (where you get the Windows & Mac versions of all their apps). As @chrfr stated, CS6 is not only not supported anymore, but it won't even install on modern Macs.

You could get a virtualization app like Parallels to install Windows on your Mac, then install CS6... but running Adobe apps under virtualization is going to drive you crazy.

Reactions: ignatius345

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
No, CS6 sunset long ago.
I moved on to other companies when adobe started the subscription model.
Currently daily use Pixelmater Pro, Aseprite and have used in the past Affinity software.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
You actually can, I did this recently where I setup an old 15 inch MacBook Pro with Time Machine restore of Sierra. Adobe had a one time transfer from Windows to Mac.

Reactions: Chuckeee

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
You actually can, I did this recently where I setup an old 15 inch MacBook Pro with Time Machine restore of Sierra. Adobe had a one time transfer from Windows to Mac.
It's moot here even if this were still an option as CS6 can't run in macOS Sonoma.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.