Does Adonit Jot Pro allows you to rest your palm on screen for Note Taking?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MortalDays, Mar 10, 2012.

1. MortalDays macrumors regular

Hello y'all,

I am looking to buy Jot Pro for my classes to take notes. Does Jot Pro allows you to rest your palm on the screen? What apps are best to hand written notes on PDFs and PowerPoint Slides?

Thank You.

P.S. I heard Jot Pro scratches your screen. Is that true?!?

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

The stylus itself won't, but many Note taking apps will. I use Noteability and it works great with an adjustable wrist wrest zone. I also use the zoom mode often for the same purpose.

Been using the Jot Pro for weeks now, no screen scratching.

3. shadowness macrumors regular

The jot pro doesn't allow you to rest your hand,
    But the jot touch would!

Adonit announced it a few months back and it is supposed to launch in march or April. It works via Bluetooth and doesn't need a Seperate dongle (u attach it to the iPad docking port) like the iPen or the XO pen!

Check it out on their website!

I have been using the jot pro from Kickstarter times and is very smooth and doesn't scratch the skin! But be careful to clean the disk by blowing and wiping it off with a cloth before using as any particles on the disk would scratch the screen!

Regards.

4. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU! :D I have looked at the Adonit Jot Touch myself as well, and I couldn't wait for it to come out (since need immediate use in my classes). So I bought the Jot Pro in the mean time.

Do y'all know if the Jot Touch require apps to be "optimized" in order to use the Palm Rest and Pressure Sensitivity functions like the iPen does? If so, that would be unforturnate. But again, Jot Touch does not need a dongle as you said. :p

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Since Apple offers zero native stylus support (Bluetooth or otherwise) in iOS, there is no other way to accommodate anything other than passive capacitive touch stylii such as the Jot Pro, Bamboo, etc.

Andonit offers their "Jot Ready SDK" to help software developers integrate the new Jot Touch stylus into their apps. Notetaker HD has already done so, lets hope others follow suit.

Complete list of currently integrated apps is here: http://adonit.net/product/jot-ready-apps/

Not many yet.....

6. note235 macrumors 6502a

hmm might need to try this against the ipen that I just bought lol
    what is the difference between the two?
    thanks!

7. m0oskk macrumors newbie

I have the Jot Pro, and it works really well. But after a certain amount of uses with the disk, it'll start skipping. If you do decide to go with Jot, you should put thermal grease (like the compound you put on your cpu before the heatsink) between the disk and the metal ball.

I have an iPen coming in tomorrow, I'll shoot a follow up post about comparisons based on Noteshelf. It might take a while, depending on how long Noteshelf takes to get its app approved for the iPen.