Does AEBS Emit Stronger Signal Than AXP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chupa Chupa, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just wondering if the Extreme puts out a stronger signal than Express or if they are basically the same. My iPad and Mac Mini have a hard time in a couple rooms where my MBP has no probs at all. I'd rather go w/ a single base station solution than extend which is why I'm asking. Also AEBS is less expensive than two AXP.

2. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

Just bought one of each this week. An Extreme for home (to replace an older g router) and an Express for travel as I'm on the road a lot. Anyway, playing around with the Express just to get to know its ways, and comparing it to the Extreme from the same spots in the house, it's obvious that the Extreme does indeed deliver more bars and throughput. No surprise given the massive difference in size and weight. There's simply more hardware involved.

FWIW, my iPad sucks badly when it comes to wifi in comparison to my MBP, too. Just weighed in about that in this thread. :(

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've found that the Extreme has much better range and throughput the the Express. And I crash my Express about once a week from all the stuff I push though it. My old UFO Extreme crashes almost as often.