Does an Out-of-warranty replacement have a year warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goldinboy17, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

So my younger brother dropped his iPod at a Giants game and the screen shattered. It's still responsive to touch but you can view the internal components from one of the corners. I was wondering if Apple would give me the same one year warranty as a new iPod if I were to pay the $150 fee for a replacement? The warranty on this one will expire in a couple of months and I'd be a bit happier paying for a replacement with a full warranty.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OOW replacements have 90 days warranty. If you want a 12 month warranty then buy a new one.

3. quizzi macrumors regular

quizzi

Hmm...it might be different for iPods, but I got a refurbished iPhone today from Apple; the 32GB 3GS model to replace my old 3GS which was approaching 2 years old.

I checked the serial number on Apple's website and it said that my warranty expires next year in 2012, which means I just got another years warranty. :)

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It depends, if the serial number is different, consider it a "new" model (that's how it is for Macs). If the serial number is the same, it's likely they just repaired it and in that case, you'll have an additional 90 days of warranty.

Same serial number or different?

5. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The Genius was amazing. It still had a few months left in warranty and the Genius simply said that I could get a free replacement since I've never has it services before. Apples CS really is top notch, can't be compared!

6. quizzi macrumors regular

quizzi

It had a different serial number to my previous iPhone 3GS. :)