Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V4705

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
I guess plastic is the only really clear material, and the one I tried (griffin reveal) is really close to the back of the iPhone, what looks like every small dust piece is a scratch risk to the back of the iPhone...

Are all of them like that? Is there any slim case solution that "can't" scratch the phone?

Thanks!

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Does that case have any scratches on the case itself ? I know clear cases tend to do that

V4705

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Yes out of the box it was scratched up, after 12 hours it looks like an old case :/
But a bigger problem is it catching so much lint between the phone and the case that I'm pretty sure if I won't clean it every day/couple of days it may scratch my phone...

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
i had 2 griffin clear back cases for my iph4. omg, it was the worst. that plastic or acrylic got so scratched after a month or 2 that you couldnt even see thru it. it became opaque. i had to put a sticker over it to make it look halfway decent.

in addition, it wasnt very tight and form fitting and so much debris got inside that it ended up scratching the entire back of the iphone 4 glass. thank god the buyer came to buy it at night time and those werent visible under the moonlight

V4705

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
i had 2 griffin clear back cases for my iph4. omg, it was the worst. that plastic or acrylic got so scratched after a month or 2 that you couldnt even see thru it. it became opaque. i had to put a sticker over it to make it look halfway decent.

in addition, it wasnt very tight and form fitting and so much debris got inside that it ended up scratching the entire back of the iphone 4 glass. thank god the buyer came to buy it at night time and those werent visible under the moonlight

Thanks! I think the iPhone 5 version suffers from the same issues.
Anyway, thank to Best Buy I replaced mine with Belkin Grip Candy Sheer, maybe not as transparent as the Reveal, but slimmer and have much softer inner.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
That's why I am putting Ghost Armor on the back of mine no matter what case I end up getting.:)

tcung82

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
i just left on the plastic it came with and just cut around the area of the camera. you're just gonna put a case that goes over it anyways. u just need something in between ur phone and the case to avoid scratches. free plastic back protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.