Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btownguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Since Microsoft Money is dead and I have heard bad things about Quicken on Mac, I'd like to try out something new. My requirements are fairly minimal, so I'm wondering if any native Mac applications will meet them:

1) Download transactions from my bank and allow me to edit the Payee name and the category.

2) Split transactions into multiple categories (like paychecks).

3) View reports such as "all transactions for x category" or "all transactions for x payee"

I know iBank will fit 1 & 2, but I'm not sure about 3.

Marky

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
iBank has a free demo period in which you can trial the software in full.

link here: http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/index.php

I'm currently trying it out and I believe that the answer to your 3rd question is yes it will do what your asking.

I've just asked it to do a report over a defined time period (defined by me) and selected only the categories I wanted included and it did it instantly.

I recommend you download it and put it through it's paces to see if it does exactly what you want.

btownguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
iBank has a free demo period in which you can trial the software in full.

link here: http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/index.php

I'm currently trying it out and I believe that the answer to your 3rd question is yes it will do what your asking.

I've just asked it to do a report over a defined time period (defined by me) and selected only the categories I wanted included and it did it instantly.

I recommend you download it and put it through it's paces to see if it does exactly what you want.

Okay, I'll try that out. I think that's the "Smart Accounts" or "Smart Reports" or whatever. I'll play around with it. I really hope I can get it to work with the way I handle my checkbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.