Does any one have a 13" MBP and not have any problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Belm, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Belm macrumors regular

After a ton of deliberation and research I've decided to get a MBP. The only thing is that next year I want get a SSD to put in it, most likely Intel. I've been reading that the EFI 1.7 firmware fixes the issues that some people were having but some are still having problems.

Is anyone out there completely satisfied with their 13" MBP?

2. Genesiscreative macrumors newbie

Two months and not a blip with ours. I hear there's lots of speculation on whether SSDs will really be ready for mainstream anytime soon...

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Lots of people have problems, but most are issue-free. People like to complain more then they like to state good things.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I've owned a 13" MBP for about 3 weeks now and have had my 250 GB SSD in there since day 1 (OCZ Vertex). Not a single issue ever. Most perfect computer I've ever owned.

5. Genesiscreative macrumors newbie

Great point... We take so much forgranted these days. We are blessed with amazing macs but still want better....

6. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

I can't wait! This is going to be my first Mac and I want everything to be perfect. Reading these forums has made me very wary of buying one though. I still plan on getting one in the next couples weeks.

I don't plan on getting a SSD until around this time next year, I just want to know that there won't be any issues with it when the time comes.

7. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

None in a week.
    Some minor issues, some mail crash for instance, related with 10.6 SL.

8. t3heford macrumors member

My first mac. It's not perfect. I'm very annoyed.
    Audio/microphone that doesn't work in windows. Clickey keyboard, screen redraw issues, random freezing, supersensitive hard drive parking mechanism.
    Hell, I want to get rid of mine!

9. drmikey macrumors member

I've had my 13" umbp since the week they were released without a problem. I've been using them for eight years, all laptops and this is my favorite one.

10. boston44 macrumors 6502

I've had mine since June when it first came out, and although I cannot find a problem, one may exist. I'm not that picky, but I love the computer!

11. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds horrible. Have you taken to the Apple Store?

12. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

had my 13inch umbp for a few months now with no hiccups. Awesome machine.

13. t3heford macrumors member

I have. I had to end up talking to the manager and waiting two weeks for them to fix the screen. Everything else is "standard behavior" and has been documented time after time on the 'net...unfortunately.
    Yes, I'm being nitpicky.
    Yes, the computer functions.
    But if you want a perfect computer without any issues this is not the computer for you....I had an netbook before the macbook pro -- and it had none of these "features"...
    It's up to you, but I personally wish I waited.

14. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

People tend to only post on here when they're having problems with their MBP. But people don't really post "My 13" MBP is issue free!!!"

15. Khurram macrumors 6502

Zero issues.
    Running a corsair p128 with 4gb's of ram

16. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

This is really sad. This is the problem I have with people that create threads asking if people are not having problems. As soon as the first negative post comes up that's the one the OP acknowledges. Nevermind the positive posts that answer the question of the OP.

I would highly recommend that you stay away from these forums when deciding to buy a new Mac, seems that you have allowed the negatives to cloud your judgement and the positives have done nothing to assure you.

17. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I haven't had one issue with mine. Got the 250GB HD BTO. Keyboard is not 'clicky'. No freezing or hard drive issues. Th3ford says this computer is not perfect, but keep in mind, it's not perfect FOR HIM. I'm not sure what he wished he waited for, but for the other 99.9% of us, this is a sweet computer.

18. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah I agree. Don't buy a Mac based on what people say on here.

19. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

1 dead pixel. Got it in june. I sort of hope that 5 more die before applecares up so I can get a new screen.....

dont get me wrong, its a tiny little defect but yeah, its there.

20. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

I know that people complain about products but when you keep hearing about the same problem from different people it kind makes you second guess. I'm not letting anyone cloud my judgment. I'm a typical broke college kid and $1300 is a lot of money to me. I just want to make the best and most informed choice.

21. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

i have had mine for about 5 months and nothing is wrong with it :)

22. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If your worried about something going wrong, buy extended AppleCare (if you can afford it, not sure how much it is). Even if you don't, it comes with out 1 year warranty so your mind'll be at ease for at least that time. :D

23. pratap21 macrumors member

I've had mine since June end.. no problems. Amazing machine

24. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I really haven't had any issues, just a pressure mark on the display, that Apple replaced for free... You really don't have anything to worry about, its just when the occasional person has an issue they freak out and over react which makes a huge deal about the tiniest of issues.

Really you have nothing to worry about, go out and get it, you WILL love it there is no way you can't love it.

25. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070