Does any one haves the app 'pages' ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LaurenAJb, Mar 2, 2012.

1. LaurenAJb macrumors member

As I said, I was wondering if any one has pages because I am gonna get an iPad and was considering buying this app...

If you have it.. Would you say it is worth the cost, and it easy to
    Use?

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

it depends on what you want to do. there are other apps that might serve you better for certain use cases. i like it well enough, and i think it was worth the cost for me, but to be honest, i don't use it as much as i would like. it doesn't handle footnotes well. if they can iron out the bugs, i will probably spend more time with it.

3. LaurenAJb, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

LaurenAJb thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking of doing documents with it,, would it be worth it?
    If you know/ use any better apps... I would like to know if you have any recommendations?

4. tehBrad macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When I had my iPad (sold, waiting for 3) I used pages all the time. I'm a hs student and write all my papers on it, I'm actually pretty good with the iPad keyboard now. I would say it's worth it, does everything I need it to do.

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

documents to go is another option. i haven't used it, so i cannot comment.
    http://www.imore.com/2011/01/28/iwork-documents/

6. Tomacorno macrumors regular

Pages has worked well for me. I don't need footnotes or any technical documentation type formatting. Bought it for NaNoWriMo this past year. I liked how it syncs to the cloud and I could review things on my iPhone when I had a spare moment sans iPad.

I did buy a Rocketfish Keyboard case for the full keyboard, however, I often peck away on the iPad keyboard for smaller edits.

7. LaurenAJb thread starter macrumors member

Sounds good.. I need for school work so I think I might get it,, I will check out some other apps as well thanks. :)