Does anybody else's iP4 screen flicker/flash different brightnesses? look at this vid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pepper Pot, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Pepper Pot macrumors member

Rather than fading out and sleeping my iPhone decides to flicker dark to light constantly until I either touch the screen to wake it again or press the lock button.

I'll try get a vid.. does anyone else's do this? it's rather annoying.

maybe they will fix it in the next update.

EDIT: Click here to see the vid.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Mine does not. You might want to go to the Genius Bar, they'll probably replace the phone for you.

3. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Mine flickers a weird flash on the screen when I unlock it. It has to be a bug in 4.0 cause even my iPod touch does it and it never did before

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mine does not do that.

5. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

Click here to see the vid, I don't notice it often, I only noticed it before when I was sat in the dark with my iPod left open and my phone was plugged in...

normally when I'm just on the home screen or doing normal stuff it doesn't do it that much.

EDIT: it's not doing it now at all it only does it from time to time but its very annoying.

6. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

I just need to know if this is a common problem or not because I don't want to return an iPhone thats perfectly fine and will be fixed with an update.

I've just realised that it happens when I have my iPhone plugged into my computer and I've got the iPod playing music and I don't touch the screen for a while.

EDIT: (Nope, just found out it does it even when on home screen a few times before screen timeout.)

7. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

That is not common AT ALL !!!

Just make an appt. can show them the issue and have them give you a new one. That for sure is something that is a deal breaker, there may be an issue with your panel in the phone.

Just get a new one and be done with it! :D

8. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

lol okay I'll make an appt. I'm just scared that my new one will have the antenna issue as this one doesn't:(

will they give me an iPhone on the spot? or will I have to wait?

9. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

Should I bring along the video? because it doesn't always do it...

10. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

11. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I've noticed mine does some flickering here & there but no where near that bad. Mine does it like right as I'm going to another application or something different and it only does it like once.

12. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

Same with mine but I only noticed it did this last night, when I had it plugged into my macbook with the iPod playing on my phone, as you can see in the vid... and it only started doing it when I left the screen for a minute or two to time out.

I've tried recreating this now but it doesn't flicker anywhere near as much as it did last night, but it still flickers a bit - just not as bad as last night.

I'm going to give it a few days and keep an eye on it and if it does it again I'm booking an appt.

13. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Just bring the vid and say it does it - they probably won't ask for "proof" and will replace it on the spot (you do not have to wait, they give you the new phone immediately). FWIW - my macbook (and many other macbooks) had a similar issue. I couldn't replicate it at the Genius Bar but they sent my Macbook for repair anyway.

The antenna issue is a legitimate concern, I replaced my iPhone and got one with the antenna issue. :rolleyes: :(

14. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

If they have on ready in stock you will get a new one, if not they will open a work order for you and when the next shipment arrives one will be set asside for and they will call you that day to come in and pick up your new phone. You only need to bring the phone as the replacement come in a solid black box with just a phone and no accessories.

Good luck with your new one, no matter what it will be better than the one you have.

15. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

Okay thanks guys, hopefully they will have one in stock..

So they give you just an iPhone in a box with nothing else? I got all my stuff together, ready and wrapped up in the original box earlier today for when I take it back haha oh well..