iPad Does anybody else's iPad 2 feel smoother after the update?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fel10, Sep 18, 2013.

1. fel10, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I see a lot of people complaining about how iOS 7 slowed down their iPad 2s, but mine actually feels a lot smoother. And the App Store is so much smoother now. I'm glad Apple changed it.

2. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

I've noticed that safari and the app store are much smoother in iOS 7 on my iPad 3. UI could use quite a bit of help in places, but I have no regrets about updating having used it for a few hours now.

3. SMDBill macrumors 6502

4. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

My iPad 2 is about the same.
    We just need a point update and all the kinks will be ironed out.

5. Snoosedaddy macrumors regular

My iPad 2 won't even show any purchased apps in App Store. Is the iPad indexing cloud content? Movies took 30 minutes to show up in videos app. Anyone else have these issues that set up as new iPad?

6. Princejb134 macrumors member

My iPad 2 is running smoothly
    The only studder I noticed is when going back to home, when the icons are zooming in it lags for a sec

7. cuda12 macrumors member

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7 yesterday. I've only used it a little bit since then, but it seems to be at least a little smoother. It had been stuttering quite a bit on iOS 6, but this update (so far) seems to have diminished those issues.

8. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Really? I am not sure…I will have to clean install iOS 7 today anyway. :apple:

10. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

I highly recommend doing a clean install. That's what I did and I definitely see an improvement in performance.

11. richardmu macrumors 6502a

My 2 seems to be running very well since the upgrade. I really like the new look.

What exactly does a clean install involve? Is it a lengthy or risky process?

12. Spacial macrumors 6502

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Mine is running better overall. There are a few spots where I may get a very slight stutter or wait time for an animation to finish or something but its trivial and doesnt degrade from the positives aspects of the upgrade.

So, Im good with it :)

14. melman101 macrumors 68030

Yeah, iOS 7 is running great on my iPad 2. I'm pleasantly surprised :)

15. Dc2006ster macrumors regular

I nervously updated my ipad2 using a hotel's wifi but am pleasantly surprised that all went well.

It does seem snappier and I like the new look except for the colours on Home page which look too garish. I was very surprised that iBooks still uses that 1950s parents pine rec room look.

It was free, installed easily and works. I'm happy.

16. twintin macrumors 6502

Mine feels pretty much the same. App store is however much faster.

17. Siemprerosso macrumors newbie

i was also pretty surprised when i updated my iPad 2 from 6.1 jailbroken to 7.0, via DFU mode.

it works fluently, safari is noticeably faster and it looks very good, in my opinion.

however, the HUGE surprise was that I get excellent battery life, about 1-2 more hours of usage as compared to 6.1.
    can't wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak!!

Attached Files:

18. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Can you guys please double confirm me that Ipad 2 is actually faster/better after update to ios 7?

Many people in my country is complaining how safari is completely stutter after the update, keyboard takes forever to spell a word. Many decided to go back to 6.1.3. Also, online review mentioned that battery is worst.

Please, please. Now i have my iphone 4 running ios 7 with small stutter playing games.