Does anybody find the iPhone 6's 4.7" screen still too small for web browsing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrentwoodTWO, Dec 1, 2014.

1. BrentwoodTWO macrumors member

I love how I can still use the iPhone 6 single-handed, but sometimes it can be quite disappointing for viewing galleries on the internet. Is everybody satisfied with the screen size of iPhone 6 or do u wish the screen is a bit wider like 5-inch?

2. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

For me the 6 was too small. I got the 6+ and it makes all the difference. Since I have had the 6+ I hardly pick up my iPad.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's all a trade-off isn't it. Pocketability and one-handed use versus screen real estate. There isn't a great deal of difference between 4.7 and 5" and Apple of course offer the 5.5" for those who crave a genuinely larger screen.

4. cuongnq macrumors member

iPhone 6 Plus = 414 x 736
    iPhone 6 = 375 x 667
    iPhone 3,4,5 = 320 x 568

With me they always too small.

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

Even the iPad mini is too small for web browsing for sites that's not designed with small screen in mind.

And that 's one of the reason I didn't go for the 6+. For me it is a compromise for both one handed use and pocket-ability. If it was good enough for the majority of browsing then I may consider those trade-offs.

For sites that are designed for mobile phones the 6 is great and the 6+ is probably even better, but great is good enough for me considering how much more portable the 6 is and how much better is is one handed.

For book reading the 6 is more than good enough for me. I love the fact that it can present as much material as a paper back page, and I can hold it one handed comfortably. The 5 was a tad too small in comparison.

So for me a 6 is a good compromise.

6. recoil80 macrumors 68000

Even iPhone 6+ is too small for web browsing if the web page is not optimised for a smartphone.
    With 6+ you have more real estate for your apps, but the overall experience in Safari is not very different.

7. DorisJohn macrumors newbie

8. themyst macrumors 6502

I've been sitting at 5.5" for well over two years now, so there is no real adjustment period for me with the 6+. I enjoy web browsing more on the 6+ because it offers true landscape full screen mode, which means more real estate being used for browsing.

I've also had a 6" HTC One Max and 6.3" Galaxy Mega which were a bit too big for me. So that 5.5 - 5.7" size within the existing Note 4 / 6+ footprint is my sweet spot.

One thing the 6+ has over my old Android phone is it doesn't simply blow everything up if the apps are optimized for the devices. But since I've dealt with it for so long, the blown up apps don't really bother me. I do sorely miss the multiwindow multitasking though. OS Experience on Cydia can't come soon enough. :(

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Probably for me as I've been using 5 inch plus screens for the past 2.5 years but I suppose it's what you get used to. If I had the 6 over time my eyes would adapt and to be honest before I was using larger screened android phones I happily used the iPhone 3G and 4 and didn't complain about the screen being too small at the time. Having said all of fhat I love my 6 plus #

10. toke lahti macrumors 68000

I'd have to make decision soon between handy and browsing. Or at least when LifeProof gets its Nuud for 6+ out...

So far I have just made a fast comparisons in the shops, but + seems to render many web pages with much bigger fonts than the size difference of the screens would suggest. I'm getting old and it would be nice to be able to read few words without glasses.
    Can you alter the default font size in Safari in iOS somehow?

11. XmeX macrumors regular

Yes it's size very small, it should be similar to TV size!