Does anybody had experienced this situation

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by M&M, Oct 29, 2009.

1. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

Hello,

Can anybody clarify to me if this situation is caused by a bad configuration of my mac pro ethernet card or simply a defective mac pro.

My internet download speed is 50MB/s with my cable modem.

The thing is that if I restart my router and I check via safari or firefox the Spedtest.net website I get the correct speed for my download and upload test.

After 3 to 4 days without touching anything or changing anything, when I do the same test, I get half or less speed download but the correct speed for upload.

I have to reset my router to have the 50MB/s speed again. But after 3 to 4 days the same situation came back.

This also happens with my MacBook Pro.

But I get always the correct speed with my windows machine.
    Why is that.

I've tried with the DHCP auto assigning an IP address and with the Manual IP address but I'm always losing speed with my Macs.

My router is a Linksys WRT6000.

Is there something that I have to configure on my Macs so the setting stays always the same.

Sorry if this explanation is not too coherent. I'm trying to be the more clear that I can.

Thanks for your time.

2. goMac macrumors 603

Are your machines on wireless? Any machine on wireless is going to get a slower score because it's unlikely you'll ever get full 50 megabit performance out of a wireless network.

3. M&M thread starter macrumors regular

M&M

No, all my machines are on wired Cat. 6 patch cords.

When I have to move with the MBP, I sometimes get 43MB/s to 45MB/s, if I reset my router.