Does anybody have an el-cheapo ebay dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by loleries, Jun 24, 2009.

1. loleries macrumors newbie

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i bought one, didn't need one of those plastic pieces but its been causing problems on my macbook.....

first off, it doesn't plug in completely, like it attaches, but definitely not all the way in (16 gb 3g) and when I would use it it would cause my internet to stop working, but if i took the adapter off & just used the iphone cable nothing went wrong

i don't know how the dock could do this but for $7 or w/e I spent its not aweful, I've been using it as a dock for charging near my bed @ Night

3. loleries thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, thanks for the input. How stable is the phone when it's plugged it since it doesn't go all the way? Would it at all be possible for you to take a picture with the phone docked?

4. V4705 macrumors 6502

i got one from ebay for 13$ with shipping (if i remember correctly).
    but i brought the universal-dock to dock the iphone with a case on (what you linked for can hold only naked iphone).

anyway, i love mine.
    i saw the original universal-dock and its identical to mine (just don't pop the "not genuine product" message, but for 13$ i don't mind).

with no insert inside (insert=adapter for particular case):
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5561/img0121t.jpg

5. loleries thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm..thanks its a tough choice. I have an invisibleshield so it wouldn't matter I guess, but it's getting yellow/dirty so I am looking for a case.

I heard there are some cases that include a dock adaptor for a good fit. Does anybody know of such cases?

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

switcheasy rebel\neo for sure.
    agent18 i think.

also you can get a slider case and still use the regular dock (just take off the bottom piece).

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I just got my Innodock Jr. and it seems to work great. I got the Jr. version so it doesn't sync or anything (It's used as my charger only,) but I'd imagine the standard dock would work well for what you need, though it's not as cheap as ebay.

My iphone fits right on with the iskin solo on it. So taking the case off isn't needed.