Does anybody have an Incipio Feather for the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Oct 1, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I wanted to get the midnight blue Apple leather case but after reading of the terrible fading a week in I'm looking elsewhere. Incipio feather has a nice TPU blue that's somewhat similar in color. I haven't heard much here about Incipio cases.

2. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I have always liked their cases so I would hope the new ones keep up the tradition of good quality. I just ordered their DualPro model and will get tomorrow.

3. Seekcraftbeer macrumors newbie

I have the Feather, the DualPro and the Feather Shine.

All three are nice. Fit nicely. Feather is by far the slimmest, feels great in your hand. Thick enough so it covers the camera sticking out. Minimal protection on top and bottom of phone, and no button protection.

Feather Shine is a little bit thicker and offers button protection.

DualPro is thicker, and my least favorite of the bunch (just a size preference, build quality is great). Full protection all around, plus edge coverage on top so you can place the phone face down. Same feel as the Feather with the soft touch silicone.

All three are great cases, just a matter of what your looking for, I like the Feather for its slim profile. I have the Navy, and it looks real sharp on my Space Grey 6.

4. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks for the reviews. Can I see some pictures of the Feather and Feather Shine please? There really isn't many reviews out there online or here for that matter. It doesn't help that their product images don't show much either but one view.

5. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Do you happen to know if the Feather's material makes it more protective then say an Apple Silicone case? Dunno if the plextonium is better than just Silicone.

6. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

I'm contemplating the Feather for my 6. What's the material like? Is it "grippy"? I've got the Spigen Air Skin on it right now; I ordered that just so I had something on hand when my phone arrived. I like the case a lot, but it's really slippery in my hand.

7. Seekcraftbeer macrumors newbie

I'll get some pics up of all three later tonight when I get home from work!

----------

I would say in general, no. If say say this cases offers minimal drop protection at best. I have yet to drop my phone with it on, but the Apple Silicone case is thicker, and covers more surface area than the Feather. That said, I love the slim form factor, feels amazing in your hands. Cosmetically, because the Apple case seems a tad "softer", I feel it will show wear and rear quicker, but time will only tell.

----------

I wouldn't say it is grippy like a TPU case, but it definitely provides a small amount of extra grip. I have never used a Spigen case before, and haven't seen them in person so it is tough to compare. The Feather has a matte, smooth feeling, with just the slightest bit of softness to it.

8. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Awesome so looking forward to them.

Thanks!

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Bump

Can we still get a look at them, Seek?