Does anybody know if you can watch...

Cosminc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Does anybody know if you can watch a surveillance DVR on the iphone ? I want to get a surveillance system for my house and have lke 8 cameras but I would like to be able to look at the pictures OR videos from my iphone , any suggestions ? Thanks

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Does anybody know if you can watch a surveillance DVR on the iphone ? I want to get a surveillance system for my house and have lke 8 cameras but I would like to be able to look at the pictures OR videos from my iphone , any suggestions ? Thanks
If you convert it to the right format I don't see why not.

Comment

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I use zoneminder to keep an eye on my house while away, and it works just fine over my iphone in Safari.

Comment

Cosminc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I want to be able to do real time monitoring, not convert the videos to watch on my iphone but to actually see whats going on real time .. Thanks for all the responses

Comment

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
There is not a system for watching real-time video on the iPhone.

However, I have seen plugins for a few turn-key security systems that allows the system to export a series of images at regular intervals. If you wanted, you could read those images into a web server and use a simple javascript page to auto update the image every couple seconds.

It would also be a lot less taxing on battery life and would work on EVERYTHING.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.