Does anybody know if you can watch...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cosminc, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Cosminc macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if you can watch a surveillance DVR on the iphone ? I want to get a surveillance system for my house and have lke 8 cameras but I would like to be able to look at the pictures OR videos from my iphone , any suggestions ? Thanks

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

If you convert it to the right format I don't see why not.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

That thread title is misleading. I was expecting to find some reference to pr0n here :eek: but thank goodness I was wrong.

You should check this out (only if you use a mac for storing surveillance footage) http://www.bensoftware.com/ss/index.html

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I use zoneminder to keep an eye on my house while away, and it works just fine over my iphone in Safari.

5. Cosminc thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to be able to do real time monitoring, not convert the videos to watch on my iphone but to actually see whats going on real time .. Thanks for all the responses

6. projectle macrumors 6502

There is not a system for watching real-time video on the iPhone.

However, I have seen plugins for a few turn-key security systems that allows the system to export a series of images at regular intervals. If you wanted, you could read those images into a web server and use a simple javascript page to auto update the image every couple seconds.

It would also be a lot less taxing on battery life and would work on EVERYTHING.