Does anybody know of Mac music mixing software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ruk110, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

hey does anybody know of any really good Mac music mixing software? for dj'ing or just general music playlist mixing/composing... that i dont gotta pay for (i know im being a little cheap) and there isn't, what good ones are there by paying for it?

2. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

dude ive just tried to watch the tutorials and about none of it makes sense to me. i want to do two things-one mix original songs together and two-to compose my own tracks (i dont have any real life instruments)

see this is why i did not try garage band again.its too confusing!

3. crottychop macrumors newbie

fruity loops - flstudio the cheapest ones like 99$
    really easy to use.. all u do is drag and drop and stuff
    of couse u could torrent it but then ud run into legality issues if ur trying to actually sell the music that u made

4. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

With all due respect, GarageBand is probably one of the easiest audio recording programs to use; I sincerely doubt you'll find anything more intuitive. Audio recording isn't exactly simple in the first place, but Apple does their best to make it accessible and they do a pretty good job. They do have video tutorials on their website as well that do quite well at getting you into the basics.

5. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

djay is pretty cool and easy to use. The trick is being able to use it to make worthwhile music which i fail to do.

http://www.djay-software.com/

Not sure you can compose your own music, just mix songs/tracks

6. Xavier macrumors 68020