iPad mini Does anybody know the best place to get an iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by H01D3N, Aug 5, 2013.

1. H01D3N macrumors newbie

I am looking for an iPad mini, but do not know the cheapest/best place to get it. Any ideas?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Best/cheapest IMO is the Apple online refurbished store. Saved $70 on an iPad mini recently.

3. l0gikb0mb macrumors regular

Where do you live? Staples Canada has a $50 off tablet coupon going on, I got the iPad for $280 cdn new.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I bought my 32GB AT&T Mini at MicroCenter. It was open box. Everything was there brand new and still wrapped, just the box was opened. I paid $465 in June for it. Prices vary on how open boxed it is and they often have several open box iPads at a time.

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

If you're brave....You can score a deal on Craigslist.

I bought an iPad Mini 64gb back in January for $500 flat, which was $30 less than retail and I didn't pay tax (total savings of around $75). The thing was brand new in the wrapper and the seller had no issue with me opening the box and checking inside and we were at a Starbucks so they waited as I set the thing up!

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

All the times I have bought/sold Apple items, it was by meeting up at Starbucks. That must be the most convenient place in the world to sell/buy at!

:)

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

AT&T is giving 100 off when you sign a contract.

8. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i live about 35 mins from the Delaware border (home of tax free shopping!)

i buy ALL of my Apple products at the Christiana Mall Apple Store. well, i buy them online so i can buy a refurb and with cash back. i bought my iPad 3, 64GB LTE refurb and had it shipped to the store to save the 6% sales tax. it saves me $40, minus $5 in gas so $35. that's a full tank of gas in my other car

however for my iPad 2 i ran into an issue where the screen was defective. i took it back to my local Apple store for an exchange and they would not allow an even exchange. they said i had to return and re-buy another one and pay the 6% PA sales tax. i told them the iPad is defective so i just want an even exchange. they claimed PA forces them to initiate a new transaction from out-of-state purchases that did no have sales tax. i think it's an Apple Store policy of one store trying to get credit for the sale to boost their numbers. Sears does the same thing, i took something back b/c it was defective and instead of doing an even exchange the guy returned and did a re-buy using his associate #. when he did this, he screwed up the sale price and it was a mess. i told him before he did it that b/c it was bought on sale it would make the transaction messy so just do an exchange. his response "it's more complicated than you think" . HA

so word to the wise - if you buy an iPad from a nearby state to save on sales tax, open it up in the store and check for defects PRIOR to driving home.

9. JennyC macrumors newbie

I would buy refurbished on Apple or on Amazon

10. Rodster macrumors 68040

I would only buy refurbished from Apple ! You get a NEW shell and NEW battery with a 1 year WARRANTY. You won't get that from Amazon. ;)