Does anybody notice that Copy/Paste doesn't work on iPhone formatted websites?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoganT, Jul 13, 2009.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

Seriously, go try it. Go to Amazon or Wikipedia on your iPhone (or another iphone website) and try to select text, it won't work. On a side note I really wish websites would stop bringing me to their iPhone formatted websites (I'm talking to you Amazon) automatically.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

it should work on text, but not text within an image.... I am wondering if you are trying to select text that is embedded within an image? :confused:

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

4. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

No, seriously it doesn't work. Go to Amazon, search something and try to copy like an authors name or anything that is text, it won't work.

I feel like I'm cheating when I use a mobile site (for having the real web in your pocket). I can get around faster on the actual website, and I have more options. I wish Amazon, Google, Wikipedia wouldn't do this. Or at least make a setting in the account to disable it.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This has already been confirmed as a bug/issue on the site. The only work around is to click on "go to the original site" if that is available. However, the iPhone Amazon doesn't have that link. And yes, it sucks. For when they take you their automatically, what I've done is delete my temp files and all that. Sometimes it works. Maybe they'll fix this in an update.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Solved this with the ipencil + ipaper apps.

/end sarcasm

7. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Copy/Paste works for ESPN's mobile site . . . for what it's worth.