Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Someone said something about this in the black phone bumpers thread, and it made me wonder whether the white front will "distract" you. This is obviously mainly an issue while reading. I'm taking a look at gallery pictures trying to decide because this is obviously important.

Has anybody owned something like this with a white front -- maybe a Kindle -- and had any issues? I'd love any input. Thanks.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
I was always a fan of the black, but white actually does look pretty nice. I don't think it's too distracting. And plus if I get a white iPhone, the front facing camera really stands out, and from having all 3 other iPhones, it's going to be nice to see that little camera always there now. (Even though it's still a little visible on the black one)

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
I agree. If nothing else, the whitemismtoo bright. Also it takes away from the focus on the screen unlike a black boarder which enhances it

StPatty33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Colorado
I like the look of the white, but decided on the black for that very reason. The awesome stuff going on is on the screen, and I don't want the white background to distract me--and I think it would.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
what about the white macbook?
the previous generations white iMac's?

they are all white, I never owned either of those....did any of you think they were distracting?

I guess theres gonna be only one way to find out if it will be or not...I am going white :) I don't like fingerprints

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
what about the white macbook?
the previous generations white iMac's?

they are all white, I never owned either of those....did any of you think they were distracting?

I guess theres gonna be only one way to find out if it will be or not...I am going white :) I don't like fingerprints

I have a white iMac, it is not distracting to me in the slightest.

CaucasionInvasn

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
still undecided, although the white keeps looking better and better every time i look at engadgets pics of it. such a tough decision though.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Its a scientific fact that screens with video (aka tv's, phones, cameras) all need black boarders, any other color will screw with the brain's ability to focus and see the image as sharply as it is.....google it

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
If you have a 1st, 2nd or 5th gen iPod, you'll be used to the all-white front.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
im not saying I dont like the white iphone, I really do, but the white boarders concern me a little......

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I don't think it's an issue, especially since these online polls/forums would lead me to believe the white phone may outsell the black one for once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.