does anybody use B&O A8 for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lovelyooz, Nov 28, 2007.

1. lovelyooz macrumors newbie

is this work? without any adapt connector somethin

hows it?

im about to buy it . because of design

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

erm, care to give us a little more detail about what you're talking about? :D

3. Apple321 macrumors member

He is talking about the Bang & Olufsen A8 earphones. Basically I think he is asking if they will fit in the iphone earphone socket without an adaptor or if he will have to buy one to make these work.

They are pretty stylish for $160.

4. lovelyooz thread starter macrumors newbie

im sorry

im sorry Apple321 has exact answer~

i thought everybody knew about this problem

5. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I use A8s with my iPhone. I had to slice off a little bit of the rubber on the headphone jack to make them fit. It was very easy to do and didn't affect the look or use of the headphones. They look and sound great with the iPhone

6. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

You sure? I thought he meant the Audi A8 with an B&O system in it.

7. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Well I took him to mean the B&O A8s earphones

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=46

They won't fit into the iPhone without a slight modification to the rubber around the jack

8. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth - I tried those at the store once and I would not pay the asking price. They allowed way too much ambient noise in, and as a result you could hardly hear the music. :(

9. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I find them extremely comfortable, sound quality is as far as I can tell also very very good. Only thing I had to to was as someone mentioned before slice piece of rubber to make them fit to iPhone

10. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I thought that when I first got them - the key is adjusting them so they fit properly. You push them into your ear first and then adjust the fitting. They work great for me - a lovely balanced sound and great detail.

11. 7jjm macrumors newbie

The Bang & Olufsen earphones are superb! Definitely worth getting, they look so good with the iPhone! I bought the Griffin Headphone Adapter from the Apple Store to get mine to work with the iPhone.

12. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

you don't need to do this. there is a rubber 'covering' that slips off making the jack connection even smaller! I found this out by trying to force them in without slicing... and then i saw the rubber move. check it out.:eek::eek::eek::eek: