Does anyone actually find the Siri face useful?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by parseckadet, Sep 25, 2017.

1. parseckadet macrumors 65816

parseckadet

So far I'm super disappointed with the Siri face. All it ever shows me is sunrise/sunset, weather, and a single news headline. I can't setup my work calendar with my phone because they're super uptight about security, so I already knew I would never see appointments. And I find it really odd that Apple is doubling down on the fitness features, yet this face will never show you activity data. What gives? Does anyone actually find this face useful?

2. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

If you don’t have calendar events or reminders for a particular day then it’s a little short on content. Weather is OK, but sunrise/sunset soon loses its charm. Hoping that Apple will open the Siri face to third party apps in the future. I’m still using it, but for how much longer...

3. HeathH macrumors regular

I have found it very helpful, but most of my data is all in the default apps (Apple calendar, reminders, alarms, apple weather, etc.). I did change out the Siri complication though.

4. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

I too like the Siri face, but mostly because of the calendar events. It does have potential though, assuming that 3rd party developers can add their apps as sources for it. The thing I like most about it is that it in a sense has infinite number of "complication" slots. And they are shown when they are needed. For example if you aren't listening to music, there is no music complication wasting precious screen space. But if you start playing music either on your iPhone or your Watch, on any music player, the music "complication" is added to the Siri face. Stop playing music and it goes away. So in a sense it's a what's-happening-now-or-in-near-future watch face. I just hope that more sources are added to it because on those days that I don't have any calendar events I usually switch to some other face as I'm not that interested to know that the sun is going set in 7 hours and 32 minutes.

5. HeathH macrumors regular

3rd party integration will most likely come and would be a great addition. How great would will it be when Lyft shows my ride is 10 minutes away and Tripit shows my flight is on time with gate info all on the siri watch face.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

It has potential but right now I find it kind of ugly and not all that useful. I'm able to get most of the same information displayed in a much more pleasing way in many of the other watch faces.

7. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

All mine ever says is to have a lovely day or evening.

8. numberfour macrumors regular

numberfour

Without third party integration it's pretty much useless for me. I'm using third party weather, mail, calendar and non of them can be used, so my Siri face says pretty much "have a nice day" all day..

9. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Yes very useful for me. Planning my run has never been easier. Just glance down and I know if and when it's gonna rain and whether I'm gonna run at the gym or outside.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think it depends on what somebody wants to get from the Siri watch face, calendar events, notifications, weather, etc. That's really the whole intent of the watch face, is to have more displayed information based on your usage. I Think it's interesting and has the capability to expand, but I particularly would not find this useful to me.

11. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I wasn’t happy with the responsiveness on my Series 2. Takes longer to come up when I turn my wrist than the other faces. So I went back to Utility and some other old favorites.

12. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I like it, but as others say it will be much more useful with third party app data. I changed the corner complication from Siri to Activity rings. I can activate Siri by voice after all.

I think it’s helpful for busy days, and will be useful for travel.

13. jpy1980 macrumors member

It would actually be much more useful if it integrated workout and activity information on the siri watch face