Does anyone actually have a fully-working, relatively bug free model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Jul 24, 2008.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I keep reading about all the problems, bugs etc with the iphone 3g. Just bought one from O2 today and need to wait a couple of days before trying it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone actually happy with theirs? Because it seems like all I read on here is how many problems there have been.

2. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

What do you mean you need to wait a couple of days before trying it? you are not going to take out of box or you need a PAC transfer of numbers? sorry dont quite understand what you mean mate..

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

id say the majority of iPhone purchases are bug free and well manufactured… Apple arent some dodgey struggling company here.

its just on forums users with bugs or problems tend to be more vocal than users that are satisifed with their purchase.

4. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

I've had very few problems with mine. But then again, I'm not as picky either. Also, complainers are always more vocal than those that are satisfied.

5. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Mine has more than met my expectations. I am very happy with it and I have not noticed any flaws. After reading about some of them on this forum, I have looked mine over very closely.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Well said.

There are many Apple product using individuals who have no issues.

On MacRumors, we see those with issues and complaints.

7. naomick macrumors newbie

Me! Mine is perfect no crashes no dead pixels no light leaks great 3g coverage. I am on it now and I love it!

8. saminsocks macrumors regular

It's to be expected that there are a few bugs. It's not possible to recreate every possible configuration when testing. On the whole it's a very solid device. It has its problems, but what technological device doesn't? The good far outweighs the few times there are problems. And if you have lots of problems with yours Apple is very good about repairing or replacing. I think many things will be addressed with the update, though.

9. LinMac macrumors 65816

Mine works fairly well. Hardware wise it is fine, but I've experienced a couple of the software bugs that people have been reporting. The keyboard latency gets a bit annoying if you're faster on the iPhone's keyboard and I've had a downloaded application crash for no apparent reason (last.fm).

Apple will sort out the remaining issues soon enough.

10. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

You know what i find hilarious. / .love is the use of the word relatively making it sound like it is totally impossible or very difficult to find a properly working iPhone3G nowadays... Which infact it probably is..

We were all crying for iPhone3G on MR so badly now we got it... So bad.. We got it so bad...

11. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

my fiancee bought a 3g white yesterday. the employee at the store has her make a call to be sure that it works, the call goes through to my cell phone so we assume that everything works fine and head back to our house. we get about 30 minutes away from the store before we realize that the speaker doesnt work.... and when the speaker doesnt work you cant here your phone ring..... we drive all the way back to the store and it takes about 30-45 minutes to get it exchanged. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STORE. Apple quality control has gone completely down the crapper in the past year.

12. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

White 16g works perfectly, no issues at all, except on some of the (admittedly rushed) applications I've downloaded.

13. saminsocks macrumors regular

Bad quality control would imply an entire shipment had the same problem. You can't expect anyone to inspect every single unit...

14. dap1215 macrumors regular

I just got mine over the weekend and so far things have been working fine with it. I'm happy. Battery is good, no defects, haven't had any crashed or freezes. Have had a tiny bit of lag here and there, but nothing that it doesn't seem to work out of. So far so good.

15. lovetheduns macrumors regular

I have a 16GB purchased on iDay2.

I do not have any real problems I guess.

I have very very very slight light leak on the left hand of the screen. For the most part, I am not even sure if it is real light leak since it almost looks like slight pin pricks on the side and almost looks like a slight reflection from the bright screen itself on the chrome bezel. I can only see this in a pitch black room and if I move the phone this way and that. I will keep my eye on it especially if I get any dust-- but I am not at all unhappy and with the case on it I cant even see the bezel at all so....

Other than that, I dont have any scratches, dead pixels, dust, etc. The apple symbol on the back is perfect, my screen super bright.

Now-- software wise-- well there is some definite instability. I have a tons of apps I downloaded so maybe that is it but I do have from time to time the slow text typing lag and I do have apps crash--- although none of the apple apps crash.

Other than that-- I am very happy. I sold my 4gb iphone on ebay for 300.00 so I feel like I definitely made out well. It is faster, tons of space (for me at least), and beautiful. I do wish my 3G signal was a little stronger, but I have not had any dropped calls at home where this seems to be more of an issue. At work my 3G signal is very strong so I can live with that since at work I need the 3g since I am not allowed to go on the wifi with my phone and at home I can use my wifi-- so.. eh a good compromise.

16. mac'inmama macrumors regular

Mine seems fine to me. I got a white 16gb at AT&T (via DF) and it looks fine to me!

17. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I have no real issues so far. (have a 16GB black) I have a miniscule paint bubble on the back, it's not enough to bother me. I also have one dead/stuck pixel (only shows up on red, green, etc. screens, not black). No negative black issues, light leaks, broken ringer, cracks, uneven seams, yellow screen etc.

As for bugs I accidentally clicked the home button fast just as an SMS popped up and the screen froze for a second but unfroze itself. AIM crashes a lot, but I think that's the program.

There seems to be a delay in texting, not typing itself, but how fast I/the recipient receives/sends messages... I think that might be a network issue though. I've heard of some bugs regarding SMS so it maybe it is a bug, I dunno.

Aside from that, no big issues. Knock wood. ;)